Representative teams are selected from players from the Prahran Netball Association and surrounding areas. All eligible players are invited to attend selections. Teams are chosen in specific age groups: 11 & under, 13 & under, 15 & under and 17 & under.
Please ensure you read all of the below information before submitting an application.
- 11/U (born 2008 & 2009): Sunday 11th & 18 November 2018 (9am - 10am) - APPLICATIONS OPEN
- 13/U (born 2006 & 2007): Sunday 14th & 21 October 2018 (10am - 11.30am) - APPLICATIONS OPEN
- 15/U (born 2004 & 2005): Sunday 14th & 21 October 2018 (11.30am - 1pm) - APPLICATIONS OPEN
- 17/U (born 2002 & 2003): Sunday 28th October 2018 (9am - 10.30am) - APPLICATIONS OPEN
- Note: Players should wear shorts and a white t-shirt (NO LEGGINGS, SINGLET TOPS or REP CLOTHES).
- Note: Players should arrive at least 15 minutes early to register.
- Note: Players who make it through the first round will be asked to return the following week.
- Note: There will be 2 teams each for Under 11, Under 13 and Under 15. There will be 1 team for Under 17.
2019 Orientation: If selected, players should be available for the below orientation dates.
- 11/U: Sunday 25 November 2018 (9am - 10am)
- 13/U: Sunday 28 October 2018 (11am - 12pm)
- 15/U: Sunday 18 November 2018 (10am - 11am)
- 17/U: Sunday 11 November 2018 (10am - 11am)
- 11/U & 13/U: All players MUST play in a Prahran Netball Association competition.
- 15/U & 17/U: This is an OPEN SELECTION and is open to ANY player in the community.
All training sessions will be held on Sunday's at Orrong Romanis Centre between 9am - 1pm. A list of all training dates will be provided at the beginning of the year.
Dates: Sunday 27th January to Sunday 15th December 2019 (11/U finish mid October).
Times: Training sessions go for 1.5 hours (1 hour for 11/U players) and are subject to change.
All Under 13, 15 and 17 teams participate in the Autumn & Spring Competitions at Waverley Netball Centre.
Dates: Autumn Season (late January to late June) and Spring Season (mid July to mid December) inclusive of finals.
Times: Warm ups begin 30 mins before each game.
- Under 13: Game times range from 5:15pm to 6:45pm on a Thursday Night
- Under 15: Game times range from 6:45pm to 9pm on a Thursday Night
- Under 17: Game times range from 5:30pm to 6.15pm on a Monday Night
Note: Players need to be aware that finals are in late June and mid December (and for some private schools this is during school holidays).
Players must be prepared to attend 3 - 6 all day tournaments on a Sunday (March to October). Tournaments are located all across the state. Note: the number of tournaments may vary depending on teams and age group.
Players must be prepared to commit to attend 90% of training sessions (once a week) and attend ALL matches and tournaments.
If you are committed to other activities which will interfere with your training and match commitments, please be prepared to "re-prioritise" your commitments and disclose the possible conflicts before the netball trials via your application form, so these can be reviewed by the committee.
Player Fees include uniform purchase, all tournament entry fees, coaching fees, game fees and umpire fees for Waverley matches, training equipment and court hire. Below are the fees for 2017 and are subject to review in 2018.
- Under 11: $300
- Under 13, 15 & 17: $700